Thankgod It's All Over

December 27, 2017
Finally Christmas is over with! It looks stupid having such a big build up all for one day. I mean don't get me wrong i do love Christmas, but when you are single it gets pretty boring!
Lets start with Christmas Eve; I had the worst hangover already from the night before! I only went to play golf at 7pm and ended up out until 5:30am! Can't behave in the slightest. So anyway Christmas eve i felt like somebody had threw me into a wall. My best friend always had a tradition of going the local pub as it becomes a some what reunion from our old school. I've never been interested in this because i prefer being wrapped up in my onesie watching Christmas movies with a tin of chocolates. But for some reason i had agreed to join her this year. Not a good idea! I already had doubts because of my drinking habits and last thing i wanted was to be hungover on Christmas morning! I get myself ready and head to hers with her presents in one hand and a can of monster in the other. I'm looking and feeling like utter shit at this point. When we arrive we spot people we know straight away but both rush to the toilet as usual to go gussy up. It is way too busy for comfort! Like you could not move and this was early! We push through to the bar and my legs are shaking and I'm starting to sweat. I don't even know why i put myself in these situations, i constantly want the ground to swallow me up! Now we had been waiting to get served for over 40 minutes now and it was becoming a joke! They had one bar staff working the back bar! So we decided to walk around the front of the pub and try there instead. Luckily somebody recognised us and called us to the front and actually bought us our first drink. We move away and head over to speak to friends we were meeting there and squash ourselves in the corner. I had to make somebody get me a chair i literally felt like i was going to collapse. I didn't move for the rest of the night. I took a few swigs of my beer and it almost topped me over the edge. I felt horrendous! While everybody was getting drunk, being merry and all chatting with old friends, i was in the corner staring at the floor, holding my vomit back! Everybody around me was pissed by this point, and kept leaving me for 20 minutes at a time for toilet or bar visits and i had to mind the bags. Those 20 minutes felt the worst, I'm not good being on my own in busy places i was on the verge of leaving! By the end of the night people where all deciding which after parties they where going too and i was waiting for my mum to pick me up lol! So my lesson there is never attempt to go out with one of my hangovers unless i want a mental breakdown!


Christmas morning and its 9am, I'm feeling fresh and a lot better now. We host champagne buffet breakfast at our house every year for all the family. It's always a good one because we are a party catering business anyway so we have all the proper hot tray equipment ect. This starts at 9:30am and although its way too early i cant help but still stuff my face and get through a bottle of prosecco! We then have a gap to nap and get ready for Christmas dinner at 2:30pm which is always hosted in my Aunties house because she has a big house and it's amazing because she has no kids lol! So we all get ready and head over there. This is another sit down meal obviously but still a buffet style. I must have eaten around 8 giant pigs in blankets. They are my favourite thing about Christmas! Also went through 5 bottles of prosecco during the day, i guess i was making up for lost drinking from the night before! The party games begin, usually knowledge based games. Like you name a famous person then the next person has to name somebody with the celebrities name beginning with the previous celebrities first letter of their last name. It's even too complicated to explain! Family of nerds! Now the annoying thing about this day/night is everybody is in couples. My sisters and brother are all with their partners. Then there's me who is always single at Christmas! What I'd do to be in love with somebody and just be able to snuggle with them while everybody plays games then drag them home for abit of one off merry Christmas fun lol!

For the past three days or so i have gotten so ill, i think its tonsillitis plus the flu and a chesty cough. I legit think I'm dying right now which is why I've been abit absent from blogging! But i am glad Christmas is over with and i can continue being alone without people constantly asking why i never seem to have a partner. New Years Eve is next i wonder what will happen...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.