I Once Slept In Vegas

December 18, 2017
What i would do to be back in Las Vegas! Summer 2016 was definitely my year for holidays. But going to watch Amir Khan box and get knocked out 3rd round really tops it. Although as this is all i had gone for, i literally spent 2 full days there! 2 days travelling for 2 days vacation! Sounds crazy when i say it out loud. It was booked rather last minute due to one of my best friends graduating University the clever bird and would be leaving Liverpool and leaving me. So what is a better send off than Las Vegas? It was booked within days and after emptying my savings account we were good to go!

We booked the Wynn Hotel, queen suite. I have never seen such an amazing hotel! It had a Ferris wheel in the hotel lobby if i remember rightly? With all the designer shops inside, which i could never afford to shop in like but always good to window shop and take pics lol. It was such a long day of travelling, 17 hours infact. Almost missing both flights because we cant help but swig pints whenever we get chance. We had gone from BA having meals on-board, TV, wifi and free cocktails; to our second plane from Philadelphia being a 'ghetto ryanair' plane. No food, no tvs and certainly no wifi. After getting stopped and almost dragged into customs because my passport picture looks like Vicky Pollard, we managed to make it to VEGAS! It's just a different world. The American accent is just 'awesome' like it makes me feel like I'm in a movie. Getting lost in the airport and stopping off for a Wendys obviously, we were ready for our final adventure together!

Hailing a cab and dragging our giant suitcase about, our eyes turn huge taking in the surroundings. We still can't believe we are in Vegas. Just the two of us, pair of absolute mongs. Since we arrived so late and had been awake around 24 hours now, we were absolutely shattered and physically ready for bed. Already ready to waste night 1! But we checked in, hailed another cab and decided to do a tour of the strip. It was as exciting as it sounds. But we had to do something productive on our first night lol. Once back the hotel, S had basically fell asleep half way on the tour, we got to our hotel room and Jesus no wonder Prince William stays there. So this is how the other half lives. 2 nights broke the bank for me imagine staying for a week here!

Waking up next to my best friend is always exciting in itself, but this was a jump up and down on the bed and scream morning. We had a pool party booked in our sister hotel the Encore in the afternoon so we went for breakfast then began to get ourselves ready. Once we arrived we spotted 2 girls we had met on the plane and were staying in our hotel. They were French so there was a language barrier but me thinking i am fluent in French from what i had learned in Year 7 seemed passible at the time. They invited us over to their table they were on and their company i can only describe as 'ballers'. I think the bill for their table came to around $15,000. I would sell my nan to just be able to throw money like that about. Now considering this whole day had become free i was absolutely legless dancing in the pool on my own, swinging off the steps pole not letting anyone past. Like I've always said i am such a bad drunk, can't take me anywhere! So here is the best bit, we had got that drunk we went back to our room for a power nap and didn't wake up until the next morning! So that was the wasting of night 2.

FIGHT NIGHT! It's what we came for and our excitement is at a high! Although it is not until the evening, so we head to the strip for lunch and another tour by ourselves. The sun is beating down and it's sweating. Giving you top lip sweat type of heat! We stop for a pint and a burger, super size ofcourse but then our feet are starting to hurt because for some reason we thought wearing heeled sandals would be a great walking choice. I mean you need to look good in case i would have bumped into my future husband there! So limping with swollen feet we head back to the pool for a chill. Now the dangerous thing about these hotels are that you just sign the bill and charge it to your room. Not a clever idea at all! This hotel is mega expensive and I'm basically signing my life away on each drink. With that in mind, we head back the room a few hours later to begin getting ready and decide to order room service. I mean what harm can a bottle of bubbly and two meals do? Turns out a lot of damage! At this point I'm asking the reception if they need any dish cleaners to pay the bills. Ready and dressed inappropriately for a boxing match we jump a cab and head to the T Mobile area. IT'S TIME! I've never been so excited to see somebody get hit in the face. Unless i seen one of my ex's that is. Just kidding. The atmosphere is something else, but also is people chugging cups of piss all over the crowd. So with a new scent of American piss on me, we watch the fight, which was literally over within 10 minutes or something. Wow. But still, least i can say I've seen him live. And he got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!

At this point I'm having heat stroke, my feet are swollen from the pressure and the heat, we are jet lagged, all's we actually want to do is go back the hotel and eat a load of food! And that is exactly what we done! And that was the wasting of night 3. So looking back at it, i went to Vegas to sleep, get drunk and fall asleep, watch a boxing match and go asleep... Guess for a place that never sleeps all's i done was sleep! If i ever return which i hope i do, i am booking it much longer, a cheaper hotel and overdosing on caffeine tablets. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.