Nurburg Ring

November 21, 2017
Taking the phrase 'Living life in the fast lane' to another level.

Getting a phone call from my best friends asking if I fancied driving to Germany for a weekend break sounded exactly what I needed. Then came along the next piece of information. 'Do you want a helmet?' Okay so, WHAT?! What sounded to me like a relaxing break in a foreign country, has turned out to be an invite to go driving round the German racing track just meters away from the original F1 track. So my answer ofcourse; FUCK YEAH! Now my heart was pacing because I've been a rally girl before but not actually been driving on the tracks.
Get me to Germany!!

Firstly, and most importantly, food and alcohol shop. We had booked a chalet in a small racing village self catering ofcourse so we needed to prep. Asda was the answer. Now as you know my dieting is 'amazing' so the trolley was filled with crisps, sausage rolls, pot noodles and crates of Coors light. My fave. Next on the agenda was music for the 12 HOUR DRIVE. Now I'm not saying Asda hasn't got good CD's like but we chose the best ones which where Rappers delight and Top R&B classics. I obviously wanted Disney sing along but not everyone likes my carpool karaoke. Old skool rap will do. Food, Drink and music done now home to pack and go. What do you even wear on a race track? Me being me YouTube the track and obviously fatal crashes, Nurburg deaths ect are at the top of the list. And what do I do, I sit and watch them all. OBVIOUSLY. So preparing for my death, I packed my case and off we go on our looong drive to Germany.

I spread out along the back seat on the car, well spread I mean I have bags under my legs, a crate of beer, coats, food. I will rephrase, I curl up in a ball in the small space I have and get myself comfy for the next 12 hours. I wont bore you with anymore of the drive.
                                  
We made it. Around 6am I think, Now unpack and have a few hours sleep before we head to the track and kick some arse. It feels amazing. My adrenaline is overpowering. As we enter onto the Ring the red and white posts along the track become blared in seconds. There are people watching, taking pictures, cheering us on as we fly past over taking other cars racing. I try to record us driving but I'm getting flung around the car like a rag doll hitting my head on the window. God I regret not accepting the helmet but if I'm going to die this weekend I wana be looking cool AF. Each day I'm swapping between cars, I even took a back seat at one point. Jesus that was a mistake. Back seat seatbelts have 0 safety driving at that speed. You feel abit like a celebrity when you exit the track, crowds all wait along cheering taking pictures. Obviously I put my sun glasses on and worked it baby.

So between the 24 hours driving there and back and 2 full track days, I can safely say I want to be the next Lewis Hamilton. Wearing a helmet.




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.